Case Management and Transitions of Care Consulting Services
Case Management should rightfully be called “Care Coordination” with the goals of facilitating patient care throughout the care continuum. The broad scope of this discipline includes access management, care management, utilization review, discharge/transition planning, clinical population focus, high risk patient management, and process improvement. As we transition to Value Based Care, case management services are an early and essential signal to alert health systems of how efficiently & effectively they are performing. Hospitals have allocated precious resources for this department and sometimes case management is unable to produce quantifiable results and measures of departmental success.
HCIT Consulting provides the knowledge, skills and expertise to assist you to optimize your hospitals Case Management Department to improve workflow, process and outcomes. Specifically, HCIT Consulting can:
- Evaluate Case Management and Social Work operations to support initiatives related to Length of Stay, Readmissions, Utilization Review, Denials, Avoidable Days, Discharge Planning, Cost of Care, and Post-Acute Care Transitions
- Review staffing model, staffing ratios, and resource allocation.
- Utilize evidenced-based methods to improve transitions of care.
- Evaluate committee structures (UR), effectiveness, and management.
- Review opportunities for optimal use of information systems and technologies to support workflow and enhance care transitions and the continuity of care.
- Improve department efficiency and effectiveness based on assessment and data analysis.
- Provide a GAP analysis and system selection for Case Management software systems.
- Deliver resources for Interim Leadership for Case Management departments and provide UR staffing support (onsite and remote)
The clinical, financial, social and regulatory processes that your Case Management/Social Work Department is responsible for are without a doubt multi-factorial and very complex. HCIT Consulting, with our proven assessment and implementation methods, can lead your hospital or health system through a disciplined process to determine the changes needed to improve outcomes. Assessment, process improvement and operational optimization is what we do and we would like the opportunity to assist you to meet your goals. Email us for more information at email@example.com.